Monday, August 25, 2008

Cape Cod II

Inky and I have been so busy that I haven't had time to update my blog! The last two days of our trip to Cape Cod were great.


We tried out a beach on the ocean side of the cape called Head of the Meadow Beach. There was a huge sandbar protecting a little part of the beach, so Inky and I could play safely without being afraid of the undertow. I did some boogie boarding. It was fantastic! I was riding the waves! When the wave came up, I would kick and kick and then I'd go flying on top of the wave as it crested. I can't wait to do it again someday!


We also built a sandcastle. The only flag we had to stick on top was Kazakhstan! Isn't that silly? Inky said she had a Soviet flag at home, but that was it! Inky taught me the Kazakh National Anthem. It goes:

Kazakhstan- greatest country in the world! All the other countries are run by little girls!


Isn't that silly? I thought so too! I decided to write a letter to Kazakhstan telling them their anthem is really funny, but when I went to research it I learned that Inky taught me a made-up song. Isn't she funny?



Before we left the beach, Inky checked her lobster trap- she caught a crab! I steamed it for dinner in a big, blue enamel pot. Yum!

The last thing we did before returning to New York was stop in New Bedford, MA. We visited the New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park and earned another Junior Ranger badge! Inky forgot the camera in the car, so we don't have any pictures. Stinkbugs! (Inky says that whenever she's frustrated.)

No comments: