Monday, September 24, 2007

Weekend at the farmhouse

I'm really lucky, and here's why-

My Mama's family has a cabin. My Mama has been going to the cabin since she was a baby. Any girl in the world would be so happy to have a cabin like mine.

But that's not all, my Daddy's family has a farmhouse! His ancestors traveled across the frontier as pioneers all the way from Denmark and Sweden and settled in Mount Pleasant Utah, where they built the farmhouse. My Daddy's family still has the farmhouse which means that if we are not at the cabin, or traveling somewhere else, my family is likely to be at the farmhouse. It is not really a farm. A long time ago it was, but now it is just a small house on the edge of town.

This weekend we went down to the farmhouse. Aunt Chelsea brought Jess, which was really fun because Jess and I played stuffed animals all weekend (I brought Cheburashka, of course!). Mama got sick though, so that was sad. I wanted to snuggle her and make her feel better, but she said I was too squirmy, so I got up to play with Jess some more.

On the way home we did the Nebo Loop, which is a scenic drive where we looked for fall leaves and bears. We saw lots of fall leaves, but not any bears. I wanted to see a bear eating or running, that would have been cool. Cheburashka liked the fall leaves a lot.

1 comment:

Mia said...

I love your boots violet. They look like "Uggs."