Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Oh Canada!

Because I'm not traveling now, I thought I'd post about some of my past travels. My first international trip was to Victoria Canada, and this was my very first trip alone!

Did you know that in about two weeks I'm going to Canada again? It is true! Mama and Daddy are not joining me on this trip, I will be visiting a host family up near Calgary. I am so excited! I'm not sure what we will do, but the last time I went to Canada I really had a great time.

Last time I went to Canada I visited Alexis in Victoria (which is on the west coast). Alexis is really really nice, and she is special because she was my first traveling host. There were lots of girls at Alexis's house, which made it more fun. We were so busy when I was there, I was always exploring new places.

One day we went to Fisgard Lighthouse, and another day we went downtown Victoria. We also went hiking in a coastal rain forest, explored Victoria's China town, made cookies, and so much more! My favorite thing in Canada was Butchart Gardens, the Japanese gardens were the best part.

Here are some of my favorite photos from my trip and here is a link to my Victoria Canada album.

Here I am in the Japanese gardens in Butchart Gardens.

Visiting Chinatown with Jade was so fun, because she took me to her favorite shops and restaurants!

One of my favorite days was seeing Fisgard Lighthouse, it is the oldest Lighthouse on Canada's west coast and was first used in 1860!

1 comment:

Hot Hot JJ said...

Violet,
I am glad you are posting about your not so recent travels, it is fun to look back and see what you've done!

Love,
Mama